John H. Wilkinson ADR,
144 Red Cedar Lane
Kiawah Island, SC 29455
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Mergers and Acquisitions
Real Estate, Commercial
John H. Wilkinson, Esq.
John H. Wilkinson ADR
John H. Wilkinson ADR, July 2019-present
Of Counsel, Fulton Vittoria, LLP, 1998-July 2019. Partner/Associate, Donovan Leisure Newton & Irvine, 1968-98; Clerk, Honorable Walter R. Mansfield, Southern District of New York, 1966-67.
Professional Background And Experience, General
As a trial attorney, litigator and partner at Donovan Leisure Newton for more than 25 years, he represented clients in numerous arbitrations, mediations, and trials of complex corporate disputes.
He is a member of the panels of neutrals of the American Arbitration Association; the International Centre for Dispute Resolution; CPR Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution (National and International Panels of Distinguished Neutrals), 2021; Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre; and Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration.
John Wilkinson has received a number of high level awards and recognitions, including:
- Best Lawyers, Lawyer of the Year, NYC, Mediation, 2021
- Marquis Who’s Who Lifetime Achievement Award, 2019
- Super Lawyers, 2021
- Best Lawyers in NYC, Wall Street Journal, 2021
- American College of Civil Trial Mediators,
Lifetime Achievement Award, 2016
- American Arbitration Association, Master
Mediator (1 of 9 in New York State), 2021
- Who's Who in America, 2021
- Best Lawyers, Arbitration; International Arbitration (Commercial); and Mediation, 2021
- ACQ Global Awards, U.S., Independent ADR Advisor of the Year, 2017
|Specific Experience in Arbitration, Mediation, & Alternative Dispute Resolution
Professional Licenses Admitted to the Bar: New York, 1965; U.S. District Courts, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York (1968); U.S. Court of Appeals: Second (1981), Eleventh (1982), Third (1984), Fifth (1987) and Seventh (1990) Circuits.
Professional Associations Wilkinson is a member of the ABA, the NYC Bar Ass’n and the N.Y. State Bar Ass’n and, in addition, serves or has served as:
Fellow, Board of Directors, College of Commercial Arbitrators.
Vice Chair, ABA Arbitration Committee (2012-13).
- Chair of the Dispute Resolution Section of the NY State Bar Ass’n (“NYSB DRS”) (2013-2014).
Executive Committee of the NYSB DRS (2008 to present).
Co-Chair, Arbitration Committee, NYSB DRS (2010-12).
Co-Chair, Mediation Committee, NYSB DRS (2008-10 and 2015-16).
Member, National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals (2012-13).
- Member of the Board of Directors of the NY International Arbitration Center (2013-15).
- Special Master, Appellate Division, First Department, NY.
Education Williams College (BA-1962); Fordham Law School (LLB-1965); Note Editor, Law Review; Awards for highest grades in eight separate law school courses.
Publications and Speaking Engagements Wilkinson is co-author and editor of the ADR Practice Book (John Wiley & Sons), which received an award and honorarium as the best dispute resolution book of the year. In addition, he has authored numerous publications on arbitration and mediation, including the following, among many others
- Co-Author, NYS Bar Ass’n, Guidelines for the Arbitrator’s Conduct of the Pre-Hearing Phase of Domestic and International Commercial Arbitrations, Nov. 2011.
- Co-Author, College of Commercial Arbitrators, Guide to Best Practices in Commercial Arbitration (2d ed. 2010).
- Arbitration Tools, Increasing Efficiency Through Discovery Protocols, Alternatives to the High Cost of Litigation, March 2010.
- Arbitration Contract Clauses, a Potential Key to a Cost-Effective Process, ABA Dispute Resolution Magazine, Fall 2009.
- Arbitration Contract Clauses, GPSOLO (The Best Articles Published by the ABA), March 2010.
- The Future of Arbitration, Striking a Balance Between Quick Justice and Fair Resolution of Complex Claims, BNA, Inc., April 21, 2008.
- Streamlining Arbitration of the Complex Case, Dispute Resolution Journal, August 2000.
- Book Review, Arbitration and the Constitution, ABA Dispute Resolution Magazine, Summer 2013.
Wilkinson is a frequent speaker on arbitration and mediation to professional and bar organizations, corporate legal departments, and law school classes, as well as to groups such as the legal department of the Navy.
Citizenship United States of America.
Locale New York, NY